- About Us
- Grief Support
Norman Clarence Ohmann, age 95, of Randolph died on Sunday, April 15, 2018 at The View in Cannon Falls.
Norman Clarence Ohmann was born on June 15, 1922 in Empire Township, the son of Henry and Elsie (Cliff) Ohmann. He grew up and went to country school in Dakota County. Norm served his country in the US Army Air Corps from 1946-1947 during WWII. On March 3, 1946, Norman was united in marriage to Eleanor Jacobs at St. John’s Lutheran Church of Rich Valley, Rosemount. In 1950 they moved to a farm in the Randolph area. Norm was a lifelong farmer, the owner of Ohmann Trucking, and did custom combining and trucking. He was a member of the American Legion post 84 in Northfield, and of St. Mark’s Lutheran Church in Randolph.
Norm was a John Deere man. His 50 John Deere tractor was featured in parades in both Randolph and Cannon Falls. He demonstrated threshing at the Little Log House Antique Power Show for twenty plus years with his brothers. He also was a fan of Peterbilt trucks and Pontiac automobiles. In his later years Norm enjoyed driving his Gator, zooming through the neighborhood, checking up on family and friends. Other favorite activities were taking the family on hayrides, and vacationing with his brothers in their motor homes. They visited friends in Arizona and Texas and went to bluegrass festivals in Missouri and all over Minnesota.
Survivors include his wife Eleanor, children Karen (Glen) Holz, Colleen (Steven) Thompson, Stan (Mary Kurtz) Ohmann, Carolyn (Randy) Ohmann-Villa, Kevin Ohmann, and Keith Ohmann; eleven grandchildren; 19 great-grandchildren; brothers Hank and Ray Ohmann; nieces and nephews. Norm was preceded in death by his parents Henry and Elsie Ohmann, and his brother Darwin “Bud” Ohmann.
Memorial services will be held at a later date at St. Mark’s Lutheran Church in Randolph. Lundberg Funeral Home in Cannon Falls is assisting the family.
Norm’s family wishes to thank all of his caregivers at The View and the Heartland Hospice. Memorials are preferred to St. Mark’s Lutheran Church.